The saunalike dance floor of this Brazilian festa is always packed with an under-40 crowd grinding to bossa jazz and samba rap. They make some of the best mojitos in town here, and if you get bored its entrance literally faces the door to le Gibus, another fine dancing destination. A favela, incidentally, means “slum” in Brazilian Portuguese. Open Tuesday to Thursday 8pm to 2am.
- Urban slums as the latest dining/nightclub experience- Myan Melendez
- Complete Streets Movement- Myan Melendez
- Gay Nights/Ladies Nights + Gay Clubs/Gender Exclusive Clubs and Lounges: Shabbily Disguised Discrimination or Safe Spaces? – Myan Melendez
- #OccupytheHood: Much Needed #OccupyWallstreet Spinoff?-Myan Melendez
- Women only Trains in India’s Four Largest Cities, other cities follow suit- Myan Melendez